Lead Your Community & School to Master the Art of Classical Teaching
We believe that a classical liberating arts education is a vehicle that ushers humans toward deep healing and transformation. It is the birthright of every living soul to encounter this transformation and flourish. Sure, students who learn this way will have an impressive transcript, be college-ready, and shine in the workforce, but they will, more importantly, become more themselves, notice the humanity of others, seek understanding instead of remaining in ignorance, and rule themselves like the best of kings and queens. At the end of the day, this restructuring of priorities and a focus on the true, good, and beautiful leads to a life of wholeness and fulfillment, a life of “more than we could ask or imagine.”
Are you a Homeschool Community Director or School and are struggling to effectively train your Teachers?
Our training programs can save you time and money and give you a confident path to walk as a leader. Here are a few of the problems we can help you solve.
What to Teach
- Curriculum Selection
- Orientation to the Paideia Fellowship Curriculum and how to implement it in your group
- Core Class Selection
- Elective Class Selection
- Teaching the Liberal Arts
How to Teach
- Master the art of classical teaching
- The Five RealmsTM
- The art of open and nourishing group discussions
- Stress free assessment
Liturgies & Logistics
- Liturgies for home
- Liturgies for the Classroom & Community
- How to Plan a Year, Week, Day, and Lesson
- Restful Environments
Leadership & Business
- Restful Leadership
- Effective Communication and decision-making between teacher, parents, donors, and leadership.
- Finding Families for your Group
- Getting everyone on the same page
- Conflict Resolution
- Parent Training
- Business & Marketing
Our Teaching and Training Style
“We must press on, the subject is worth it.” -Socrates
Thorough & Thoughtful
Paideia Fellowship is committed to exploring, studying, and implementing the classical liberal arts in a holistic way. Our training helps you and your participants understand the liberal arts, how to think about them, and how to teach them in a powerful and authentic way.
Humans learn best through experience and imitation. We craft custom training that slowly leads you and your people through real classes like nature study, literature, history, logic, oratory, and rhetoric. You learn, we discuss, and the presenter offers insights, tips, and principles for teaching as we all reflect on the experience together.
Practical & Down to Earth
The Classical Tradition is replete with wise and deep ideas. Often times those ideas are what drew us to join this movement. In our training, we take those deep and complex ideas and principles and present them in an enthusiastic and approachable way. We provide examples, templates, and resources for bringing these classes and principles to life in your homeschool, home, community, or school.
We know truth, goodness, and beauty may be found in any book, culture, or person, whether it be an ancient liturgy, a child, a tribal story, an old poet, or a modern-day musician. Rather than a specific earthly culture, political agenda, or religious tradition, we embrace and learn from the works, art, and customs across the Globe and among many nations. We believe the classical liberal arts are the ultimate common ground and place of dignity for every human soul and no one group or culture owns it.
Speaking & Training Events
Past Talks, Lectures, & Keynotes
- 2021 CiRCE National Conference, A Contemplation of Glory: Mirror, Mystery, and Manifestation
- September 2020, Classical Academic Press’ Speaker Series. Wendell Berry & The Practice of Scholé
- January 2020, Thriving Students Series. What is Classical Education? + Dispelling Common Classical Education Myths.
- 2019, August CiRCE Lecture Series. ‘Reclaiming Rhetoric as the Pursuit and Practice of Love’
- 2019, CiRCE National Conference: A Contemplation of Form, ‘Friendship: A Flexible Form for Teaching & Learning’
- 2019, CiRCE Regional Conference ‘A Sacred Journey: Teaching & Learning as the Journey of Friendship’
- 2019 Scholé Groups Retreat: Silencing the Sirens, ‘Odysseus & the Sirens: Identifying & Overcoming That Which Keeps us from Home’
- 2018 St. Emmelia Orthodox Homeschool Conference-South, ‘Reading Relationally’, ‘Creating Thriving Classical Communities’ with Julie Dreher
- 2018 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, ‘Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric as the form of teaching in the Humanities’ and ‘Immersion Workshop: How to Teach the Humanities in Middle & High School’
- 2017 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, My Journey: On Becoming a Classical Teacher and How to Teach Rhetoric through Theater & Shakespeare: An Immersion Workshop
- 2017 Classical Education Simplified Conference, The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth, Goodness, & Beauty and The Stages of a Relationship through Reading
- 2016 Thrive! NCHE Conference, How to Teach Classically
- 2016 Homeschooling from Rest Mom’s Retreat in Seattle, The Story of Classical Education, Nature Study Immersion Workshop, and The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth Goodness, & Beauty
- 2015 HINTS Bookfair, How to Teach Classically: Socratic & Mimetic Teaching and The Five Elements of Classical Homeschooling