Book Us to Speak at Your Next Event or to Train Your Teachers
I believe that Christian classical education is a vehicle that ushers humans toward deep healing and transformation. It is the birthright of every living soul to encounter this transformation and flourish. Sure, students who learn this way will have an impressive transcript, be college-ready, and shine in the workforce, but they will, more importantly, become more themselves, notice the humanity of others, seek understanding instead of remaining in ignorance, and rule themselves like the best of kings and queens. At the end of the day, this restructuring of priorities and a focus on the true, good, and beautiful leads to a life of wholeness and fulfillment, a life of “more than we could ask or imagine.”Jennifer Dow
Meet our Speakers & Trainers
Jennifer Dow is a classical teacher, speaker, and writer. Jennifer has completed the CiRCE Apprenticeship as a CiRCE certified Classical Teacher and has taught humanities, logic, rhetoric, and the fine arts since 2009. She is the founder of the Paideia Fellowship, an organization devoted to helping teachers and leaders, at home and school, teach the classical liberal arts.
Jennifer’s published works can be seen at Paideia Fellowship, the CiRCE Institute, Scholé Groups, and Afterthoughts. Jennifer was a contributing author for The Lost Tools of Writing Level 1, published by The CiRCE Institute. In addition to co-hosting The Classical Homeschool Podcast, she has been featured on Your Morning Basket Podcast with Pam Barnhill and The Commons with Brian Phillips.
Jennifer has spoken at over a dozen events across the nation on how to teach and encounter the classical liberal arts. Currently, Jennifer is writing her first book about the journey of classical learning and teaching, serving as the Director of the Paideia Fellowship, and researching how parents, leaders, and teachers can provide an authentic classical education to all.
Jennifer, an Orthodox Christian, lives in North Carolina with her three children and enjoys spoken word poetry, trying her hand at fancy cuisine, collecting more books than she’ll ever read, and the occasional Netflix binge.
- January 2020, Thriving Students Series. A Free online training event helping parents support their children through happy, healthy, and academically successful school years. Register for free on their website.
- 2019, August CiRCE Lecture Series. ‘Reclaiming Rhetoric as the Pursuit and Practice of Love’
- 2019, CiRCE National Conference: A Contemplation of Form, ‘Friendship: A Flexible Form for Teaching & Learning’
- 2019, CiRCE Regional Conference ‘A Sacred Journey: Teaching & Learning as the Journey of Friendship’
- 2019 Scholé Groups Retreat: Silencing the Sirens, ‘Odysseus & the Sirens: Identifying & Overcoming That Which Keeps us from Home’
- 2018 St. Emmelia Orthodox Homeschool Conference-South, ‘Reading Relationally’, ‘Creating Thriving Classical Communities’ with Julie Dreher
- 2018 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, ‘Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric as the form of teaching in the Humanities’ and ‘Immersion Workshop: How to Teach the Humanities in Middle & High School’
- 2017 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, My Journey: On Becoming a Classical Teacher and How to Teach Rhetoric through Theater & Shakespeare: An Immersion Workshop
- 2017 Classical Education Simplified Conference, The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth, Goodness, & Beauty and The Stages of a Relationship through Reading
- 2016 Thrive! NCHE Conference, How to Teach Classically
- 2016 Homeschooling from Rest Mom’s Retreat in Seattle, The Story of Classical Education, Nature Study Immersion Workshop, and The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth Goodness, & Beauty
- 2015 HINTS Bookfair, How to Teach Classically: Socratic & Mimetic Teaching and The Five Elements of Classical Homeschooling
Are you interested in having Jennifer Dow speak at your next event, conference, or retreat? Jennifer’s speaking style is smart, sincere, transparent, conversational, and practical. She has a way of taking complex ideas and principles and presenting them in an enthusiastic and approachable way. Jennifer speaks about classical teaching, homeschool leadership, and other topics. Email us to check her availability and book her to speak at your next event.
Are you a leader or teacher in a homeschool community or school? Do you want to bring a classical liberal arts training experience to your academic community? Jennifer’s teacher training is an immersion-style experience in the classical liberal arts and humanities. Jennifer slowly leads you through literature, history, and rhetoric class, discusses the experience, offers insights, tips, and principles for teaching, and provides examples, templates, and resources for bringing these classes to life in your community or school. Jennifer offers one, two, and three days of immersion-style workshops and training. Email us to take the first step in crafting your custom workshop and training experience.