Teacher Training & Home-Centered Learning
So much is changing in education at unprecedented rates. More people are homeschooling than ever before and for a variety of reasons. Some people are jumping in with both feet, others are looking to nannies and tutors to govern their children’s at-home learning, and still, others are looking to start non-traditional schools and homeschooling cooperatives.
These situations require a different skillset and knowledge base than the average classroom teacher can offer. For the first time in 100 years, we have parents, leadership, and teachers collaborating and decision-making together. This is not for the faint of heart! Yet, there is a way forward and we have been in this business of home-centered education for the last ten years. We can help you clear the clutter and focus on what matters most. The children.
Whether you are a homeschooling parent, homeschool community leader, a nanny who has been charged with homeschooling responsibilities, or a nanny agency looking to train nannies to teach, we can help. Take the first step in crafting your custom training solution. It’s free!
Are you a Homeschool Community Director or Nanny Agency, but are unsure how to train your Nannies, Teachers, Tutors, or Mentors?
Our training programs can save you time and money and give you a confident path to walk as a leader. Here are a few of the problems we can help you solve.
What to Teach
- Curriculum Selection
- Orientation to the Paideia Fellowship Curriculum and how to implement it in your group
- Core Class Selection
- Elective Class Selection
- Teaching the Liberal Arts
How to Teach
- Master the three things a teacher can teach
- Mimetic Teaching
- Socratic Teaching
- Planning Play that Teaches
- The art of open and nourishing group discussions
- Stress free assessment
Liturgies & Logistics
- Liturgies for home
- Liturgies for the Classroom & Community
- How to Plan a Year, Week, Day, and Lesson
- Restful Environments
Leadership & Business
- Restful Leadership
- Effective Communication and decision-making between teacher, parents, and leadership
- Finding Families for your Group
- Getting everyone on the same page
- Conflict Resolution
- Parent Training
- Business & Marketing
Our Teaching and Training Style
“We must press on, the subject is worth it.” -Socrates
Thorough & Thoughtful
Paideia Fellowship is committed to exploring, studying, and implementing the classical liberal arts in a holistic way. Our training helps you and your participants understand the liberal arts, how to think about them, and how to teach them in a powerful and authentic way.
Humans learn best through experience and imitation. We craft custom training that slowly leads you and your people through real classes like nature study, literature, history, logic, oratory, and rhetoric. You learn, we discuss, and the presenter offers insights, tips, and principles for teaching as we all reflect on the experience together.
Practical & Down to Earth
The Classical Tradition is replete with wise and deep ideas. Often times those ideas are what drew us to join this movement. In our training, we take those deep and complex ideas and principles and present them in an enthusiastic and approachable way. We provide examples, templates, and resources for bringing these classes and principles to life in your homeschool, home, community, or school.
Meet our Speaker & Trainer
Jennifer Dow is a classical teacher, speaker, and consultant. Jennifer is a CiRCE certified Classical Teacher. She has taught nature study, humanities, logic, rhetoric, and the fine arts since 2009. She founded Paideia Fellowship and currently serves as the Executive Director and lead trainer.
Jennifer, an Orthodox Christian, lives in North Carolina with her three children and enjoys spoken word poetry, trying her hand at fancy cuisine, collecting more books than she’ll ever read, a lovely saunter through the woods, and the occasional Netflix binge.
Facts & Stats about Jennifer
- Has helped over 200 homeschooling groups get started and grow.
- Contributing author for The Lost Tools of Writing Level I, 5th Edition
- Dozens of articles published on this blog, The CiRCE Institute blog, Scholé Groups blog, and Afterthoughts.
- A memoir-style book in progress about Classical Teaching. To be published by the CiRCE Institute.
- Several podcast appearances including Your Morning Basket, The Homeschool Solutions Show, The Commons with Brian Phillips, and The Classical Homeschool Podcast.
- Has encouraged and equipped thousands of homeschooling mothers, nannies, and teachers at workshops, conferences, and training events all over the nation.
Speaking & Training Events
- Scholé Groups Summit. August 2020
- Teach so They Learn Summit. September 2020
- Classical Academic Press’ Speaker Series. September 2020
- January 2020, Thriving Students Series. What is Classical Education? + Dispelling Common Classical Education Myths.
- 2019, August CiRCE Lecture Series. ‘Reclaiming Rhetoric as the Pursuit and Practice of Love’
- 2019, CiRCE National Conference: A Contemplation of Form, ‘Friendship: A Flexible Form for Teaching & Learning’
- 2019, CiRCE Regional Conference ‘A Sacred Journey: Teaching & Learning as the Journey of Friendship’
- 2019 Scholé Groups Retreat: Silencing the Sirens, ‘Odysseus & the Sirens: Identifying & Overcoming That Which Keeps us from Home’
- 2018 St. Emmelia Orthodox Homeschool Conference-South, ‘Reading Relationally’, ‘Creating Thriving Classical Communities’ with Julie Dreher
- 2018 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, ‘Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric as the form of teaching in the Humanities’ and ‘Immersion Workshop: How to Teach the Humanities in Middle & High School’
- 2017 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, My Journey: On Becoming a Classical Teacher and How to Teach Rhetoric through Theater & Shakespeare: An Immersion Workshop
- 2017 Classical Education Simplified Conference, The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth, Goodness, & Beauty and The Stages of a Relationship through Reading
- 2016 Thrive! NCHE Conference, How to Teach Classically
- 2016 Homeschooling from Rest Mom’s Retreat in Seattle, The Story of Classical Education, Nature Study Immersion Workshop, and The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth Goodness, & Beauty
- 2015 HINTS Bookfair, How to Teach Classically: Socratic & Mimetic Teaching and The Five Elements of Classical Homeschooling
Book Your Free Consultation
Bring your questions, we bring the plans and solutions.