In her personal life, Jennifer is an Orthodox Christian, homeschooling mother, artist, poet, and a spoken word, culinary, and music enthusiast. Her favorite works of literature are Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens and The Aeneid, by Virgil, her favorite poem is ‘Let the Light Enter’, by Frances Ellen Watkins Harper, and her favorite quote is “A poem cannot be about everything.”, by Wendell Berry.
Jennifer believes that “Classical Education is the cultivation of wisdom and virtue by nourishing the soul on truth, goodness, and beauty by means of the seven liberal arts and the four sciences.” and she has devoted herself to researching, writing about, and teaching moms and teachers how to teach, study, and pursue the classical liberal arts in their homeschools, homeschool communities, and classrooms.
Keynotes & Breakout Session Talks
- Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric as the Form of Teaching in the Humanities
- Reading Relationally & the Stages of a Relationship
- The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth, Goodness, & Beauty
- My Journey: On Becoming a Classical Teacher
- Immersion Workshop: How to Teach the Humanities in Middle & High School
- Immersion Workshop: Crafting a Purpose & Defining Roles in you Classical Homeschool Community
All of my consulting sessions are custom creations to meet your specific needs. Please email me to schedule a free consultation. In our session, we will get clear on how I can help you in your homeschool or homeschool community. Here are some areas I have helped other teachers, directors, homeschool moms, and leadership teams with.
- How to Start a Classical Homeschool Comunity like Paideia Fellowship Homeschool Community
- Crafting a Purpose & Defining Roles in you Classical Homeschool Community with individualized coaching and feedback
- Step-by-step guidance in designing a humanities class for any group in 1st-12th grade
- Teacher training. Mastering the art of Classical Teaching
- How to teach a specific content area like literature, history, rhetoric, logic, etc.
- And more…
Book Jennifer to Speak or Consult
If you are interested in having Jennifer consult with you or your Homeschool Community or speak at your event, conference, or retreat, contact us and tell us how we can help and to inquire about our speaking and consulting rates. We look forward to hearing from you.
Stay up-to-date about conferences and speaking engagements near you by joining our mailing list. If you would like to see Jennifer at an existing conference near you, reach out to the coordinators of that conference and let them know you would like to hear Jennifer speak!
Where Jennifer is Speaking This Year!
January 2018, St. Emmelia Orthodox Homeschool Conference-South, ‘Reading Relationally’, ‘Creating Thriving Classical Communities’ with Julie Dreher
June 2018, Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, ‘Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric as the form of teaching in the Humanities’ and ‘Immersion Workshop: How to Teach the Humanities in Middle & High School’
Past Speaking Engagements
2017 Paideia Fellowship Classical Teaching Conference, My Journey: On Becoming a Classical Teacher and How to Teach Rhetoric through Theater & Shakespeare: An Immersion Workshop
2017 Classical Education Simplified Conference, The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth, Goodness, & Beauty and The Stages of a Relationship through Reading
2016 Thrive! NCHE Conference, How to Teach Classically
2016 Homeschooling from Rest Mom’s Retreat in Seattle, The Story of Classical Education, Nature Study Immersion Workshop, and The Nightingale: A Tale of Truth Goodness, & Beauty
2015 HINTS Bookfair, How to Teach Classically: Socratic & Mimetic Teaching and The Five Elements of Classical Homeschooling